Office of Institutional Advancement
Welcome Alumni, Parents and Friends
The Don Bosco Prep Alumni Association provides meaningful opportunities for graduates of Don Bosco Prep to reconnect with the school and one another. It is a human network that exists to promote the welfare of Don Bosco Prep, its students, and alumni.
Alumni Events...Recent and Future
For more information please call 201-327-2049 or email email@example.com
- Southern California...the reception at the Mission Viejo Country Club on September 13, 2013, was excellent, with 65 alumni and parents attending.
- Alumni Tailgate, September 21, 2013, 120 alumni and family members enjoying a buffet and football game at Don Bosco.
- Hoboken II, alumni reception at Teak on the Hudson, Hoboken, September 24, 2013. Another excellent event, with 70 alumni and friends.
- All Souls Memorial Mass on November 4th honored all deceased students, alumni, parents, teachers and loved ones of the Don Bosco Prep family. At the Mary Help of Christians Chapel on campus, it included a candle-lighting ritual for the deceased. 80 people attended.
- Boston-area alumni reception and dinner at the Boston College Club, November 21, hosted by Bob Gunn '65 and Dennis Clair '83. Complimentary to all DBP alumni and spouses living in or visiting the Boston area, 48 people attended.
- Young Alumni Reunion, November 27, 100-plus alumni and friends attended Mass at 6:30 in the Chapel and 135 alumni from the classes of 2010-13 came to the reception in the cafeteria. Yearbooks were distributed to 2013 alumni.
- Watch for future alumni regional events in: Washington, DC; Florida; The Yale Club in NYC; and a return to Hoboken.
Donor Recognition Activities
- Donors of $5,000 and above, along with other important donors, attended a thank-you dinner at Savini Restaurant in Allendale, October 30, 2013.
- A donor recognition display was installed in De Sales Hall, in late November.
- Donors are invited to various plays, concerts, lectures and other events depending on the level of support.
Annual Fr. Al Sokol Golf Classic
Originally scheduled for June 10, 2013, it was postponed due to heavy rain and thunderstorms. Held on August 5 at the Arcola Country Club in Paramus, the weather was perfect for golf and the Arcola facilities and personnel were top notch. Save the date for next year...June 9, 2014, at Arcola Country Club!
Click here for more information
Volunteers Always Welcome
Thank God for volunteers! Parents, Alumni and Friends assist with all of our events, and they enable a small office staff to achieve grand results. Without volunteers, most of our alumni and fundraising activities would be impossible. If you are interested in assisting future events, please contact anyone in the Advancement Office. Your commitment can be for a few hours or for whatever amount of time you can spare. Responsibilites span numerous talents: recommending venues, contacting other parents, alumni and friends, browsing through old yearbooks, writing, editing, decorating...you name it!
Sincere thanks to the many volunteers who assisted with the Gold Rush Auction this year, especially Co-Chairs Celia Galimi and Cynthia McEachern. Celia is the mother of a 2013 alumnus and a current student, Cynthia's son graduated in 2013.
Thanks also to the Golf Classic volunteers: Dolores Baker, Joanne Ciaravino, Pam Coles, Tina Grigsby, Marilyn Palka, Carmen Perez, Karen Rybak, Justine Seward, and Geralyn Wright. Each of them are parents of current students or alumni, or are Don Bosco teachers or staff members.
Contact the Advancement Office when prayers are needed for your loved ones. Prayer power is mighty. The Don Bosco priests, brothers and others are ready and willing to offer their support through prayer.
[This page was updated 12/3/13.]