Don Bosco Prep is seeking a dynamic, energetic and communicative person for the role of Engagement Coordinator who will have primary responsibility of associating, communicating, and connecting with current students and families regarding all aspects of Don Bosco Prep.
Don Bosco Prep, founded in 1915, is a private, Catholic college preparatory high school for boys. Administered by the Salesians of St. John Bosco, a religious order of priests and brothers, Don Bosco Prep is dedicated to empowering young men. The school provides rigorous academics at the AP, honors and college prep levels, and encourages participation in extracurricular activities, clubs, and athletics. Located on a 35-acre campus in Ramsey, Bergen County, New Jersey, the school's 850 students are accepted to the finest colleges and universities in the country and go on to make significant contributions to their families, congregations, and communities.
Don Bosco Prep is seeking a dynamic, energetic and communicative person for the role of Engagement Coordinator. The Engagement Coordinator will have primary responsibility of associating, communicating, and connecting with current students and families regarding all aspects of Don Bosco Prep. This is a supportive role that requires constant interaction and collaboration with the entire school community and report directly to the Director of Admissions.
- Recognize and support the Catholic and Salesian mission of the school; speaking, acting, and presenting Don Bosco Prep in a manner consistent with the teachings of the Catholic Church and the Salesian charism;
- Retention of students year to year;
- Communicate with current families regarding ways the school can meet academic, extracurricular, and social-emotional needs;
- Identify reasons for student withdrawal;
- Connect and work with parents to ensure open channels of communication;
- Coordinate, organize, and support moderators of all extracurricular clubs;
- Connect and work with all administrative and academic departments;
- Compile data that drives program creation and development;
- Promote extracurricular clubs, activities, and events with the goal of aligning students with areas of common interest;
- Support admissions efforts and programs;
- Assist in the planning of school events (open houses, mission trips, athletic events, etc.);
- Serve as a resource for the entire school community.
- Bachelor’s degree required;
- Excellent interpersonal skills;
- Excellent written and communication skills;
- Strong organizational skills;
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office;
- Strong personal work ethic, self-motivated, results-oriented with the ability to organize and prioritize projects to meet deadlines and goals;
- Flexible with an ability to multitask;
- Willingness to participate in school activities and events outside of normal working hours;
- Ability to travel locally and to work occasional evenings and weekend days;
- Values consistent with the mission of a Catholic, Salesian institution.
The statements contained herein describe the scope of the responsibility and essential function of this position, but should not be considered an all-inclusive listing of work requirements. Individuals may perform other duties as assigned.
Applications will be considered on a rolling basis. A successful candidate will be expected to start work as soon as possible.
Please email a resume and a cover letter (no phone calls please) indicating how your skills, knowledge, and experience would make you a good fit for this position. Your cover letter should also explain your motivation for applying for the position and include your salary expectations.
Applications received without a cover letter will not be considered.
Mr. Manny Morelli '02